Why are women so stressed? Why are we getting sicker and sicker? Why are adrenal fatigue, anxiety and depression at an all time high? Why do we now face a concept known as “Rushing Women’s Syndrome”.
Why is the current state of women’s health so poor, when we have more resources than ever to supposedly keep us healthy?
It’s a difficult question to answer and there are so many variables for every woman experiencing overwhelming stress and dysfunction. But there are a few common threads, and in this interview, fellow Occupational Therapist, Jac Edser, and I have a candid discussion about what we see in our practices on a regular basis.
Here’s just a few of the topics we cover in this discussion:
- Why there is a global stress epidemic facing women at this current time
- Why women are more susceptible to stress than men
- How the desire to “have it all” has contributed to our stress epidemic
- Why the feminist movement has been both friend and foe
- How we can be more in tune with our “feminine power” and utilise this, rather than trying to create more “masculine” energies which can create stress
- The link between physical and emotional wellbeing
- How we can learn to “listen to our bodies” to help attain optimal physical and emotional wellbeing.
(ps. we recorded this interview as a bonus for my Busy Women’s Stress Makeover program, but it’s so good I want to share it with everyone!)
Have a listen below, and don’t forget to let me know what you think of our chat. Did you have any “Aha!” moments. Did it confirm some of your gut feelings about your own life? Or do you disagree completely?
Thanks for listening!
Until next time, Live Your Best Life.
Cheers, Sarah xx